Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Child Abuse and Neglect :: Violence Against Children

The day began like any other day. It started with the hustle and bustle of the infantren rush into the classroom, tearing off their winter gear and throwing it into the coat room. I noticed, however, wiz of the smaller boys named Tommy wasnt wearing a winter coat or hat. I thought that maybe his p arnts hadnt realised how cold it was out that morning. So I tried to push the idea out of my head so I could start the day, after all the Pledge of Allegiance had already begun. afterwards on at recess, I had told the children to get dressed to go outside. I held Tommy inside for a minute so that I could give him superstar of the coats that had been donated to the classroom. When I had reached to help him put the coat on I realized he became uneasy. I continued to help him, however, and I was shocked at what I had saw. It was cigarette burns on his neck. I suddenly realized I was witness to a serious case of child ridicule According to the National Committee to Prevent Child vi tiate, more than lead million cases of child maltreatment were reported in 1995. In that aforementioned(prenominal) year at least 1,215 children died because of child offense and neglect. ( Child Abuse and Neglect ). There are several types of child abuse. The primary types are physical, sexual, emotional abuse, and neglect. Physical abuse is the most visible form of child abuse. Physical abuse can be defined as non accidental trauma or physical injury resulting from punching, beating, kicking, biting, burning, or otherwise harming a child (American Humane ). If the child is being physically abused therefore you may notice bruises, swollen areas, or marks on a childs face. In severe cases you may notice benevolent bite marks, cigarette burns, broken bones, puncture marks, or missing vibrissa ( American Humane). If you can not figureually see physical abuse then you may notice something is wrong when a child begins to act up behaviorally. Some behavioral indicators inclu de withdrawn or in-your-face behavioral extremes, complaints of soreness or uncomfortable movement, wearing clothing that is inappropriate for the weather, discomfort with physical contact, or becoming a chronic shoo-in(American Humane). I think these indicators or physical abuse are very(prenominal) important for teachers, so they are aware of children who are being abused.

No comments:

Post a Comment